Chettuva Backwater in Thrissur is an offbeat travel destination for people. In the land of backwaters Kerala, the small temple town Thrissur isn’t far behind. With its serene beauty and exotic tropical charm, it still has much to offer. The Chettuva Backwater in Thrissur is one such place that provides an insight into the local life of the area. It is a small backwater located in the Chettuva district of Thrissur. The place with its mangrove vegetation and tropical ambience offers the exact gateway amidst the serenity of nature. It is a near perfect destination for nature lovers and photographers eager to catch a glimpse of nature. The small houseboats and shikaras here are the ideal place to relax and rejuvenate from a tiring schedule.
The backwaters consist of a leisure cruise around the Chettuva lake, Kanoli kanal, Ennamavu kayal, Kadassankadavu and Tripayar. Apart from house boats and shikaras, motor boats are also available to take you on quick tour of the backwaters. Usually people look for sunset or sunrise cruise as it offers a glistening view of the landscape amidst the scattered rays.
- Entry Fee: Rs 5000-8000 per boat or Rs 125-260 per person extra charges for food
- Visiting Time: 6 am – 4pm depending on the cruise
- Visit Duration: 3-4 hours
- The backwaters are best visited on a house boats or canal rafts. So, make sure you opt for that.
- Life is much slow paced in the backwaters and it requires time to explore the place. So be prepared to spend a lot of time on the cruise. Plan well in advance and keep a day’s time to explore.
- You have to stay put in a houseboat for many hours remember that. Always wear comfortable clothing.
- Make sure you explore all the places in vicinity.